Easy Fiesta Beans
[b]Prep time: [/b]15 minutes[br] [b]Difficulty:[/b] Easy[br] [b]Makes:[/b] 6 servings
- 1 16-ounce can nonfat refried beans, preferably spicy
- 1 15-ounce can no-salt-added pinto beans, rinsed
- 1/2 cup prepared salsa
- 2/3 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
- 4 scallions, sliced
- Position rack in upper third of oven; preheat broiler.
- Combine refried beans, pinto beans, salsa and 1/3 cup cheese in a saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring, until the mixture is hot and the cheese is melted, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Spoon the bean mixture into a 2-quart baking dish and sprinkle with the remaining 1/3 cup cheese and scallions.
- Broil until the cheese is lightly browned, about 2 minutes.
Calories: 169 Fat: 4g Saturated fat: 2g Carbohydrates: 21g Sodium: 519mg Fiber: 7g Protein: 10g Cholesterol: 13mg
[url href=”http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/easy_fiesta_beans.html” target=”_blank” title=”EatingWell: Easy Fiesta Beans”]Recipe originally appeared on EatingWell.com[/url]