Cheesy Broccoli-Potato Mash
Prep time: 30 minutes
Makes: 6 servings
1 pound Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into wedges
3/4 pound broccoli crowns, chopped (4 cups)
3/4 cup shredded fontina cheese
1/2 cup nonfat milk, heated
1/2 teaspoon salt
Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Bring 1 inch of water to a boil in a large pot.
- Place potatoes in a steamer basket and steam for 10 minutes.
- Place broccoli on top, cover and steam until the potatoes and broccoli are tender, 6 to 8 minutes more.
- Transfer the broccoli to a large bowl and coarsely mash with a potato masher.
- Add the potatoes, cheese, milk, salt and pepper and continue mashing to desired consistency.
- Serve immediately.
Saturated fat: 3g
Mono unsaturated fat: 1g