- 5 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 peaches
- 1 egg
- 1 (9-inch) refrigerated prepared pie crust (rolled up, not in a pie tin)
- pinch of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- vanilla Ice cream (optional)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a medium bowl, cream the butter until it is pale. Add 2 tablespoons of milk and blend well. Add the confectioners’ sugar and vanilla and blend until smooth. Set the glaze aside, keeping it at room temperature.
Wash and dry the peaches. Do not peel. In a small bowl, whisk together the egg and remaining 1/4 cup of milk. Roll out the pie crust and cut into 1/4 inch strips. Dip a strip into the egg wash and wrap horizontally around a peach. Repeat until the peach is covered completely with dough and place in a baking dish. Repeat for all peaches. In a small bowl, combine the cinnamon and sugar and sprinkle to cover the peaches. Bake for 35 minutes or until the crust is golden brown. Place on a serving plate and top with 1 to 2 tablespoons of the glaze. Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side.