Source: Junior Leagues in the Kitchen with Kids: Everyday Recipes & Activities for Healthy Living
Prep time: 30 minutes
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon orange juice
1 teaspoon grated orange zest
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup golden raisins
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine the butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl and beat with a hand mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Mix the dough by adding the egg, orange juice and orange zest to the butter mixture and mix well.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a small bowl.
- Add to the batter and mix well. Stir in the oats and raisins.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheet using a spoon. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Use an oven mitt to remove the cookies from the oven. Place the cookie sheet on a wire rack and cool for 5 minutes. Remove the cookies to the wire rack with a spatula to cool completely.
Nutrition information (serving size: 36 cookies):