Carrot Patch Muffins
Source: From Women Who Can Dish It Out, The Junior League of Springfield, Missouri
Makes: 12 servings
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup shredded or flaked coconut
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup dark seedless or golden raisins
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 1/2 cups shredded carrots
2/3 cup skim milk
1/4 cup applesauce
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 large egg
7 teaspoons corn syrup<
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Lightly grease two mini-muffin tins.
- Mix the flour, sugar, coconut, walnuts, raisins, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Stir in the carrots.
- In a small bowl, mix the milk, applesauce, vanilla and egg until well blended.
- Stir the milk mixture into the flour mixture, stirring until moistened.
- Fill the mini-muffin tins one-third full.
- Place the tins in the oven, and bake 4 minutes.
- Open the oven door, use potholders to pull out the oven rack and squeeze a little corn syrup in center of each muffin.
- Return the muffins to the oven for 5 more minutes.
Nutrition information (serving size: 1 muffin):