Recipe source: Junior Leagues in the Kitchen with Kids: Everyday Recipes & Activities for Healthy Living
Prep time: 45 minutes
Makes: 8 servings
1 tube reduced-fat refrigerator crescent rolls
1 cup crumbled cooked breakfast sausage
1 cup frozen hash browns, thawed
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
Chopped onions and/or bell peppers (optional)
Hot sauce (optional)
1/4 cup milk
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepare the crust by opening the tube of crescent roll dough and arrange it on a work surface.
- Separate the dough into triangles along the perforated lines.
- Arrange the triangles on a round pizza pan with the points toward the center. Press the edges together lightly to form the pizza crust.
- Add the toppings
- Sprinkle the sausage, hash browns and cheese evenly over the crust. Top with onions, bell peppers and hot sauce.
- Prepare the egg mixture by placing the eggs and milk in a mixing bowl and beat with a whisk until smooth.
- Pour the egg mixture evenly over the pizza. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Use an oven mitt to place the pizza in the oven.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the eggs are set and the crust is golden brown. Check the pizza occasionally to be sure it doesn’t get too brown.
- Remove the pizza from the oven with an oven mitt and cut it into wedges with a pizza cutter.
Nutrition information (serving size: 1 slice):
Calories from fat: 15%