Wake Up Waffles
Wear your pjs to eat these alarm con[i]clock[/i]tions!
- Makes 4 servings
- 8 whole grain frozen mini waffles
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 4 tablespoons strawberry cream cheese
- Fruit leather
- You will also need:
- 4 lollipop sticks, cut in fourths
- Kid scissors
- While an adult toasts the waffles, have the kids “wake up” the ingredients with a wake up song.
- Use the back of a spoon to spread the cream cheese on half of the waffles. Top with the other waffles to make four waffle sandwiches.
- Give a big yawn and stretch before sticking one small lollipop stick piece in each side of the waffle sandwiches. Skewer a blueberry on top of two sticks of each sandwich for alarm bells.
- Use kid scissors to cut clock hands out of fruit leather and press on the front of the Wake Up Waffle. Ring like an alarm clock until someone shouts “Snooze!” Then eat away. Bean Appétit!