Grown-Up Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
- 4 slices whole grain bread
- 2 tablespoons stone-ground mustard or whole grain mustard
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 6 slices turkey bacon, crisp-cooked
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- Spread the mustard: Arrange the bread slices on a work surface. Spread the mustard evenly over the sides of the bread that are facing up using a table knife.
- Add the fillings: Sprinkle half the cheese on two of the bread slices. Arrange the bacon and apples slices over the cheese and sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Place the remaining bread slices on top and press gently.
- Grill the sandwiches: Spray a skillet over medium heat with nonstick cooking spray. Place the sandwiches carefully in the skillet. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until the bottom bread is golden brown, pressing down gently with a spatula. Turn the sandwiches over with the spatula and cook until golden brown. Remove the sandwiches to the work surface and carefully cut into triangles with a table knife. Serve warm.
Serving size: 1 sandwich Calories: 503 Fat: 29g Carbohydrates: 36g Sodium: 766mg Fiber: 6g Protein: 27g