- 13⁄4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons organic cane sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2tablespoons flax meal
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup milk
- strawberries, cut widthwise into thin slices
- 2 kiwis, peeled and sliced widthwise into circles
- 1⁄4 cup blueberries
- Maple syrup, for serving
- Chant “Pancakes! Pancakes!” as you combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, flax meal, and cinnamon.
- Combine the eggs and vanilla in a mixing bowl. Add the butter and milk. Slowly add the egg mixture to the flour mixture. Stir until smooth. Chill in the freezer for 5 minutes.
- Preheat a griddle to low. Lightly spray the griddle with nonstick spray. Ladle the pancake mixture onto the griddle to make 2-inch mini pancakes.
- When the pancakes start to bubble lightly and the edges turn golden brown, flip them over. All bitty bakers should flip around the kitchen, as if they were just flipped with a spatula. Cook on the other side for 1 to 2 more minutes, until the pancakes come off the griddle easily with a spatula.
- Layer the pancakes and fruit on the skewers. Dip in maple syrup and
- eat one layer at a time.
Recipe requires four wooden skewers.