Palm Tree Paradise
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Pinch of garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 11⁄2 cups water
- 1 pineapple, cut into 4 (1-inch thick) round slices
- 1⁄4 cup cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup packed spinach leaves
- 8 dried figs
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Sing your favorite summer song while you combine the lime juice, honey, cumin, garlic powder, and salt and pepper in a bowl. Place the chicken in a small baking dish. Pour the lime juice mixture all over the chicken, making sure the chicken is covered, then add the water to the baking dish. Place in the oven and bake for 18 to 20 minutes, until the chicken is thoroughly cooked. While the chicken is baking, pretend to dip your toes in the ocean!
- Slice each chicken breast into 4 long pieces. Push a skewer lengthwise through each chicken piece to form tree trunks. There should be 8 chicken skewers.
- Stick 2 chicken skewers into each pineapple slice. The pineapple is your island. Use the cream cheese to stick the spinach leaves onto the chicken tree trunks. Place 2 figs under the trees for coconuts!
Recipe requires eight skewers.