Itsy Bitsy Biter
A crawly critter for your young chef to create!
- 1 tablespoon hummus
- 6 slices organic pepperoni
- 2 slices wheat bread
- 2 olive slices
- 4 celery sticks, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 coffee mug or round cookie cutter
- Wiggle eight of your fingers before grabbing the mug or cookie cutter. Use the mug or cutter to cut a circle out of each piece of bread.
- Start low to the ground and “climb up a water spout” (stretching up to reach the hummus on the counter). Spread hummus on one of the circle slices and top with pepperoni. Place the other circle slice on top.
- Pretend to get washed away by the rain, and work your way back to the kitchen. Place two olive slices on top of the sandwich for eyes and the celery sticks for legs.
- “Climb up the spout” again before eating your Itsy Bitsy Biter. Bean Appétit!