No Bake Oatmeal Chocolate Cookies
Recipe Type: Dessert
Serves: 2 Dozen
- 2 cups granulate sugar
- 8 tbsp. (or 1 stick) butter or soft trans-fat free margarine
- ½ cup low-fat milk
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 3 cups oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- Supplies Needed:
- Measuring Cups
- Large Saucepan
- Rubber Spatula
- Stainless Steel Bowl (to mix hot chocolate mixture with oats)
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar, margarine, milk, and cocoa.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- (Total of about 5 minutes stove time)
- Remove bowl / pan from heat. Stir in the oats.
- Use a tablespoon to drop batter onto waxed paper or foil.
- Let stand until firm. Allow about 30 minutes to form and cool.
- Store tightly covered.
[i][b]*This recipe requires adult supervision, as a hot stove is required.[/b][/i]