Source: Bean Sprouts
Recipe type: Snack
- 2⁄3 cup organic cane sugar
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 11⁄4 cups Bean Appétit Flour Blend
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon, plus a pinch
- Package of organic black licorice sticks
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and lightly spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Sing the song “Do-Re-Mi” as you mix the organic sugar and butter in a bowl. Add the eggs and vanilla. In another bowl, combine the Bean Appétit Flour Blend, baking soda, salt, cocoa powder, and cinnamon.
- Let’s get the two mixtures to sing in harmony. Add the dry blend to the butter mixture. Stir until the dough forms into a sticky ball. Chill for 1 hour. During this intermission, pick your favorite song and sing it in different styles—from opera and hip-hop to country and jazz!
- Roll the dough into 1-inch balls and place on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until slightly firm.
- Use the licorice to create 5 lines on a large plate. Place the cookies on the lines for musical notes. Use the licorice to make the note stems. Fa-la-la!