Ready to Roll-Ups
- 1⁄2 cup packed spinach leaves
- pinch of garlic powder
- 11⁄2 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil pinch of salt and pepper
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400°F
- Scrunch the spinach leaves, garlic powder, and Parmesan in a food processor. Before an adult turns it on, say, “Bue-nos días!” Slowly add the olive oil, and process until the pesto is thick and spreadable. Season with the salt and pepper, and, presto, you have pesto!
- Crack the eggs and pour them into a mixing bowl without dropping any shells in the bowl. Use a fork to scramble them up.
- Make a noise like an alarm clock as you lightly spray two 8 by 8-inch pans with nonstick spray. Pour half of the eggs into each pan.
- Bake for 6 to 8 minutes, until thoroughly cooked. Top with the cheddar cheese and melt in the oven for an additional 2 to 4 minutes. Use a rubber spatula to slide the eggs out in one piece.
- Use a butter knife to spread the pesto on top of the cheddar cheese. Carefully roll the egg up, then slice into 1-inch segments with a clean butter knife.
- Stick a decorative toothpick into each egg roll-up. Eggstra helpings, please!
Recipes requires decorative toothpicks.