Source: Small Changes Big Results: A 12-Week Action Plan To A Better Lifeby Ellie Krieger, MS, RD with Kelly James-Enger.
Makes: 4 servings
4 whole-wheat pita breads
1 cup pasta sauce from a jar or can
1 1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
1 teaspoon dried oregano
2 cups sliced mushrooms
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Slice each pita bread in half horizontally to make two rounds.
- Place the pita rounds, cut side up, onto two baking sheets.
- Spread 2 tablespoons pasta sauce on each round.
- Sprinkle with the cheese and oregano, and top with the mushroom slices.
- Place the baking sheets in the oven. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheets from the oven using potholders. Use a spatula to move the pizza to four plates.
Nutrition information (serving size: 1 pizza):
Saturated fat: 5g
Copyright © 2005 by In Balance, LLC. Published by Three Rivers Press, a division of Random House, Inc.