- 8 (8-inch) honey-wheat fat-free flour tortillas
- Cooking spray
- 1 pound ground turkey
- ¾ cup chopped green bell pepper
- ½ cup chopped scallions
- 2 cups seeded and chopped plum tomatoes
- ⅓ cup shredded carrot
- ¼ cup chunky salsa
- 2 teaspoons mild chili powder
- 8 romaine lettuce leaves
- ½ cup shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- ½ cup fat-free sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 200F.
- Wrap the tortillas in foil and heat in the oven.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray.
- Heat the pan over medium heat.
- Add the turkey, bell pepper, and scallions; mix well.
- Cook over medium-high heat 8 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon.
- Drain the fat from the turkey mixture.
- Add 1 cup of the tomatoes, the carrot, salsa and chili powder.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Cover and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the cover and continue to cook until all the liquid is evaporated.
- Slice off bottom of lettuce leaves so they are about 6 inches long.
- Place a leaf in the center of a warm tortilla. Press lightly to flatten center.
- Spoon one-eighth of the turkey mixture over the lettuce.
- Sprinkle the turkey with some of the cheese and some of the remaining tomatoes.
- Top with dollop of sour cream.
- Roll up tortilla to cover filling and then fold in the ends. Repeat with the remaining tortillas.