- This event has passed.
Kids in the Kitchen Junior Chef Challenge
Mar 16 2017 @ 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Junior League of Columbia — Junior Chef Challenge
Submit an entry today and you can win:
- The opportunity to cook in a Professional kitchen!
- Your own chef jacket and hat!
- Gift basket, prizes and more!
Tips to be a Finalist in this Year’s Junior Chef Challenge
Have your eye on the prize? Here are some tips that may help!
1. Be original – You don’t have to be like everyone else. Consider putting a new twist on your favorite breakfast recipe.
2. Be creative – A student once submitted a recipe for “dill cookies!” Sounds terrible, but they were actually great! Don’t TRY to be too weird, but we love to see recipes that are different!
3. Don’t do recipes that are too easy or too complicated.
4. This doesn’t have to be your own, original recipe . You can get them off the Internet or anywhere, but try to alter it slightly to make it your own!
5. SORRY, only ONE person can make each recipe at the competition.
6. We are looking for healthy breakfast recipes , so try to avoid recipes with a lot of sugar or fat in them.
7. On the day of the challenge, judges will consider the following 6 criteria:
• Taste • Originality • Ease of Preparation • Healthy Attributes • Kid Appeal • Plate Presentation
The use of one or more of the following ingredients will earn bonus points at the judging: Bagels, low-fat cheese, eggs, low sodium ham, mushrooms, oatmeal, pineapple, tortillas, turkey sausage, whole grain cereals & yogurt.
What do Finalists and the 1st Place Winner Receive?
● Each finalist will receive a gift basket, a certificate for participation and be featured in a Richland School District One video.
● The 1st place winner will receive a gift basket with a Fitbit Zip pedometer, a gift card, a certificate for participation and their very own white chef jacket.
● Teachers (grades 3-5) with 100% class participation of completed entries will receive a gift and be placed in a drawing for a Fitbit watch!
GOOD LUCK & HAVE FUN!!!!